Fall 2020 Information
Research and Academic Services (RAS)
Welcome! Penn Engineering looks ahead to the start of the fall semester on September 1, 2020. Prior to the start of the semester, we are providing our students’ most frequently requested resource links and information below:
RAS Advisors are available to assist you.
- Undergraduate Advisors are available by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please email a RAS advisor. Advisors will send students a Zoom meeting link for an online advising session. You should complete petitions directly online without advisor or UG chair sign-off; petitions will be processed by the Petitions Committee within RAS and include input from the program/department and advisor as needed. To expedite advance registration, you should update your worksheet before contacting your departmental or RAS advisors.
- Graduate Advisors will hold online advising hours via Zoom for Fall 2020 (beginning September 1, 2020) Monday –Thursday from 2:00 – 4:00 pm (EDT). Advisors will send all students a Zoom meeting link at the beginning of the term and you can drop in for a meeting during the 2-4 pm time without an appointment. Appointments are required for any time needed outside of the 2-4 pm (M-Th) window.
Please visit the RAS Advising website for advisor contacts and ongoing updates.
You can email the office at email@example.com and the appropriate staff member will respond to your inquiry. For urgent matters, please contact 215-898-7246.
For more information about operations throughout the School, visit Penn Engineering’s Coronavirus Impact page.
Undergraduate Fall 2020 classes will be online. All students (undergraduate, master’s, and PhD) will be allowed to take courses pass/fail for the Fall 2020 semester. Please consult your academic, departmental, or RAS advisors to discuss the best course of action.
Undergraduate student offerings are being coordinated with other undergraduate schools and the schedule will be available soon. Meanwhile, graduate offerings and course delivery methods can be found at courseinfo.seas.upenn.edu.
Answers to questions about housing, dining, academic and grading policies, international and financial aid can be found here.
Links for further Undergraduate Information:
- Penn Engineering Fall 2020 Undergraduate Procedures and Changes
- Connect with RAS Undergraduate Advisors
- Fall 2020 Undergraduate Research Guidelines
Links for further Graduate Information:
Links for Engineering Research Resumption:
Links for University Information: