Research and Academic Services (RAS)
Welcome! Penn Engineering looks foward to the start of the spring semester on January 20, 2021. Below you will find our students’ most frequently requested resource links and information. Use this page as a resource.
RAS Advisors are available to assist you.
- Undergraduate Advisors are available by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please email a RAS advisor. Advisors will send students a Zoom meeting link for an online advising session. You should complete petitions directly online without advisor or UG chair sign-off; petitions will be processed by the Petitions Committee within RAS and include input from the program/department and advisor as needed. To expedite advance registration, you should update your worksheet before contacting your departmental or RAS advisors.
- Graduate Advisors will hold online advising hours via Zoom for Spring 2021 (beginning January 20, 2021) Monday –Thursday from 2:00 – 4:00 pm (EDT). Advisors will send all students a Zoom meeting link at the beginning of the term and you can drop in for a meeting during the 2-4 pm time without an appointment. Appointments are required for any time needed outside of the 2-4 pm (M-Th) window.
Please visit the RAS Advising website for advisor contacts and ongoing updates.
You can email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org and the appropriate staff member will respond to your inquiry. For urgent matters, please contact 215-898-7246 during normal business hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (EST)).
For more information about operations throughout the School, visit Penn Engineering’s Coronavirus Impact page.
In general, the hybrid educational experiences for students in Spring 2021 are likely to be similar to Fall 2020, although expanded in-person offerings are planned in limited undergraduate laboratory classes, senior design and independent study/research experiences. Please note that plans may change to ensure the health and safety of students.
Undergraduate and Graduate course offerings can be found at courseinfo.seas.upenn.edu.
Answers to questions about Penn’s COVID-19 Response can be found here.
Links for further Undergraduate Information:
- Penn Engineering Spring 2021 Undergraduate Procedures and Changes
- Connect with RAS Undergraduate Advisors
- Spring 2021Undergraduate Research Guidelines
Links for further Graduate Information:
Links for Engineering Research Resumption:
Links for University Information: