Student Wellness Resources
Ongoing University resources are available to students in need of information, assistance and support.
Everyone on campus should know that students who have experienced or know someone who has experienced assault or abuse can turn to the Division of Public Safety Special Services Unit, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), Student Health Service or the Penn Women’s Center. Links to these and other resources can be found below and also on the VPUL website.
Anyone in doubt of where to turn should call the Penn Help Line, anytime, at 215-898-HELP. In the case of an emergency, please dial 215-573-3333 or 511 from any campus phone.
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS):
CAPS offers confidential free professional mental health services to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students at Penn.
- Phone: 215-898-7021 (or 215-349-5490 during nights and weekends – ask for CAPS counselor on call)
- Web: https://caps.wellness.upenn.edu/
University Chaplain’s Office:
The University Chaplain’s office is available to students, faculty and staff for pastoral support, guidance, or informal advising and counseling.
- Phone: 215-898-8456
- Web: http://www.upenn.edu/chaplain/
Student Health Service:
Student Health Service promotes the health and wellbeing of students of the University of Pennsylvania by providing quality health care that is accessible, affordable, culturally sensitive and student-focused.
- Phone: 215-746-3535
- Web: http://www.vpul.upenn.edu/shs/
Penn Violence Prevention:
Penn Violence Prevention is a collaborative program that aims to engage the Penn community in the prevention of sexual violence, relationship violence, and stalking on campus.
- Direct Contacts: https://secure.www.upenn.edu/vpul/pvp/gethelp
- Web: https://secure.www.upenn.edu/vpul/pvp/
Penn Women’s Center:
The Penn Women’s Center works with students, staff and faculty to promote gender justice at Penn and beyond.
Division of Public Safety (DPS):
The Division of Public Safety is responsible for enhancing the quality of life, safety and security of the Penn community through the delivery of a comprehensive and integrated safety and security program, in partnership with the community that we serve.
- Emergencies: 215-573-3333 or 511 from any campus phone
- Penn Police Phone: 215-898-4482
- Special Services Phone: 215-898-4481 (or 215-898-6600 during off-hours)
- Web: https://www.publicsafety.upenn.edu/
Office of Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS):
The University of Pennsylvania’s Office of Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS) promotes health, safety and environmental protection in teaching, research, healthcare and administrative activities by providing services, advice and compliance assistance.
- Phone: 215-898-4453
- Web: https://ehrs.upenn.edu/
School Advising and Student Affairs Offices:
- School of Engineering and Applied Science: 215-898-7246
- College of Arts and Sciences: 215-898-6341
- Wharton: 215-898-7613
- School of Nursing: 215-898-6687