Staff Advising Information + Hours
Staff advisors in the Research and Academic Services Office (RAS) are there to guide you in selecting your courses to fulfill your Social Science and Humanities requirements or in choosing Free Elective courses. They can also help you explore other academic options such as study abroad, dual degrees, minors, and submatriculation opportunities in graduate programs across the University. If you find yourself in some academic trouble, need a referral for academic support, or are having some personal problems, RAS Staff Advisors are available to assist you in whatever way they can. (For a complete list of staff at RAS, click here.)
Please note updated procedures due to operational changes in response to COVID-19 for the Spring 2020 term. Please access information regarding those changes here.
Seeing a Staff Advisor
Walk-in Hours/ Advising Update and Temporary Measures:
Physical walk-in advising has been suspended for the remainder of the semester in compliance with changes to University operations in connection to COVID-19.
Please check this page often for any updates.
Undergraduate Advisors are available by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please email one of the advisors indicated below. Advisors will send students a Zoom meeting link for an online advising session.
- Ellen Eckert (General advising, dual degree, internal transfer)
- Michaile Rainey (General advising)
- William Wright-El (General advising, study abroad)
- Dr. S. Sonya Gwak (For Non-Academic Advising Only)
Have advising questions or need to talk? Starting Monday, March 23, 2020 email email@example.com for drop in questions for undergraduate advisors Monday – Thursday.
Alyse Edwards and Tori Frew, from the RAS Office, will hold online advising hours from 2:00 – 4:00 pm (EST), Monday – Thursday (starting Monday, March 23, 2020) via Zoom:
- To get on Zoom, go to https://zoom.us/ and then click “Join a meeting”.
- Enter the ID (309- 727- 1138). This will bring you to a waiting room.
- Alyse and/or Tori will call you in one at a time.
Dean Loo will also hold office hours via Zoom:
- Wednesday, 1:30 – 2:00pm (ID 338-544-040).
- Thursday, 3:00-4:30pm (ID 927-640-241).
- It will bring you to a waiting room and you’ll be called in one at a time.
We are accessible via email at all other times (between 8am-5pm, EST.)
RAS General Contact:
- Phone: 215-898-7246
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org